The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK
What’s On Offer:
£k – Competitive basic salary, depending on experience + discretionary staff bonus.
We are looking for a highly motivated, commercially minded part qualified management accountant to join our accounts team. You will need to be exceptional with figures and have the ability to methodically explain financial information clearly.
Working closely with the FD, you will prepare, develop and analyse financial information so that the management can make well-informed decisions, ensuring future stability, growth and profitability.
You’ll analyse the performance of the business and highlight potential operational efficiencies that can be achieved by implementing newer, more effective strategies.
The role combines hands on accounting together with providing high-quality support to the FD.
- Reconciliation of all company bank accounts in Sterling and other currencies
- Preparation of accruals, prepayments and maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts together with variance analysis against expected results/budget.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports for finance providers.
- Monitoring cashflow.
- Oversee the efficient running of the sales and purchase ledger functions.
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow forecast.
- Record and report on financial transactions by project, department, or company.
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost.
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts.
- Maintain a strong accounting and operational environment to safeguard assets, improve profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensure that all financial matters are in accordance with legislation and ethical accounting practices.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts, in compliance with UK reporting requirements.
- Liaise with managerial staff and other colleagues to help make financial decisions.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial colleagues.
- Observe and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed.
- Initiate, manage and/or participate in projects that will drive the business forward.
Requirements for the Role:
- Self-driven, with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accounting terms and concepts.
- Strong analytical and organisation skills, able to work under pressure to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a very high level of accuracy.
- Personable and presentable with the ability to communicate to a wide range of people at all levels both verbally and in writing and have the ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way.
- High levels of numeracy & literacy, critical thinking and logical problem solving agility.
- Good business understanding including finance regulations and legislation.
- Strategic thinker, with excellent attention to detail.
- IT savvy, with a strong working knowledge of all Microsoft products including daily use of Excel (intermediate level) with the ability to analyse and manipulate data to meet reporting requirements.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality along with good team-working skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility and willingness for continuous improvement and learning.
- Working towards a recognised accounting qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Car owner and living within close driving range of our offices in Sevenoaks
|Analytical & Organised||Commercial Awareness||Financial Reporting||Management Accounting||Strong Attention to Detail|
What’s on offer?
- Competitive basic salary, depending on experience + discretionary staff bonus
- Hours 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (but we are currently closing at 4pm on Fridays). It can get busy at month end and year end so extra working hours may be required at these times.
- 26 days holiday pro rata in addition to your birthday off as well as bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
How To Apply
In the first instance, please send covering letter, your CV along with details of your current remuneration to email@example.com